Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Juveniles Accused Of Battering Cassmate Released

Four juveniles accused of sexually battering a 13-year-old classmate at Walker Middle School were released Tuesday from home detention and electronic monitoring. Deputies arrested the teens — Lee Louis Myers, 14, Raymond A. Price-Murray, 14, Randall John Moye, 14, and Diemante J. Roberts, 15 — on May 6, eight days after the alleged attack with a broom handle and a hockey stick in a locker room. Hillsborough Circuit Judge Christopher Sabella said he had no choice but to release them, noting that adult charges have not been filed. He warned them to stay away from the victim. "That part of my order will remain in effect," Sabella said. "You won't be required to stay in your house, but that might be a good idea." All of the teens except Myers appeared in court. Myers' attorney said he didn't think the boy needed to attend the hearing. The boys' parents and attorneys offered no comment. Earlier this month, Assistant State Attorney Pam Bondi said prosecutors would charge the four as adults. But Tuesday, Assistant State Attorney Kimberly Hindman told the judge the state is still investigating "forensic evidence" and has made no determination about adult charges.

No comments:

Post a Comment