Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dick Cheney Picks Rush Limbaugh Over War Hero As Republican Voice


This morning on CBS' Bob Schieffer asked whether Dick Cheney would side with Limbaugh or Powell in that battle of Republican titans. Schieffer asked: "Rush Limbaugh said the other day that the party would probably be better off if Colin Powell left and just became a Democrat. Colin Powell said Republicans would be better off if they don't have Rush Limbaugh out speaking for them. Where do you come down?"

Cheney said: "If I had to choose in terms of being a Republican, I'd go with Rush Limbaugh, I think. I think my take on it was Colin had already left the party. I didn't know he was still a Republican."

Cheney cited Powell's support for Barack Obama.

Schieffer seemed astonished by Cheney's frankness. "You promised some news. I think we probably made a little," Schieffer said.

Dicky is like the old drunk at the bar that just won't go away. Maybe it's time to call the bouncer.

(Face the Nation)

No comments:

Post a Comment