Thursday, May 14, 2009

Google's Logo Could Include A Rainbow Flag


Google.com's homepage logo could include a rainbow flag for a day if a colourful entry from a 17-year-old New Hampshire student wins this year's 'Doodle 4 Google' art contest.
Every vote matters in the online contest, happening this week with the theme "What I wish for the World". Forty 'Doodle' entries have been selected from hundreds of school students across America.
Meaghan Parker's entry, titled 'I Wish', includes the note: "I wish for more hope, hope for the future. I wish there was more love. Love for the environment and people. I wish for more joy. I wish for peace, a movement for it. I wish for more trees. I wish for gay rights, now."
After online voting concludes this Monday 18 May, the winning entry will be announced on Wednesday 20 May, and that 'Doodle' will appear on Google's homepage the following day - Thursday 21 May.
The 'Doodle 4 Google' voting webpage is here. Meaghan Parker's 'I Wish' entry is in the Grades 10-12 section, Region 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment